Secret Lucas Writings

This is my blog where I primarily write about interactive media and design. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Quiet

If it sounds like I've been quiet lately, it's because both
A - holding my breath
B - letting others speak.

A - I'm holding my breath, because I'm waiting to see how exactly Manifesto Games turns out. It takes some real guts to put your money where your mouth is. Anybody can rant, but very few actually have the convictions to even try to change things. I think Costikyan gained a lot of respect from a lot of people for actually pulling up his sleeves, stepping forward, and backing up his words. I know he's gained a lot of respect from me, and I'm anxious to see what he does.

B - I'm letting others speak. Well, mainly, I'm letting my friend Santiago speak. Santiago and I are pretty much industry brothers, having met each other when we were struggling hobbyist student developers, and pretty much breaking into the industry around the same time. We have very similar ideas about the potential place of interactive entertainment. And well, I'm letting him do the talking for now, while I sit back and try to collect my thoughts.

So if you want to check out more on the "are games art?" question. Go to gamesareart.com. Yeah, that's right, he made a pretty bold move and actually makes the statement that games ARE art, rather than asking if they can be.

He brings up a lot of interesting points that are worth discussing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home